When you are writing, you should:
- Always give credit to your sources, even when summarizing. Example: According to... (year, page number).
- Use full citations at the end of your writing whenever you are writing; this includes even when you are building websites or blogging.
- Hyperlink to your sources whenever possible when publishing online.
- Use quotation marks whenever quoting information, even when the quote is just a few words long.
- Always cite your sources when you paraphrase and summarize.
- Never copy and paste.
- Use Purdue OWL to make sure you are citing your sources correctly.